Thursday, September 1, 2011

Elgin family photographer :: The Hartford-Hoon Family

I'm sure my opinion is biased, but I think giving a photo session as a gift is a really great idea! Deb's parents were celebrating 40 years of marriage, and I can't think of a more personal, special gift she could have given than a photograph with all three generations of family together.

This is a family that I love a lot. We go to the same church, and their youngest son is in the same preschool class as my son, Aaron. So to get the chance to create a family keepsake for them was a special treat! I often get a little nervous working for people I know well. I worry that if they don't love their images as much as I do, they might not love me. It's silly and insecure, I know. But this kind family has a way of putting people at ease, and there wasn't one moment during our time together that I felt anxious. Just one more reason to love 'em!



I got to test out my new Shutter Buddies on these boys, and the smiles that happened totally blew me away! Who knew that a silly loop of fabric on the end of my lens would be so entertaining? If you take a lot of photos of your kids, I HIGHLY recommend grabbing one!


Thanks, Hartfords and Hoons for spending the evening with me and my camera! 

To see more of their family session, pay a visit to their gallery.


Do you have a special event coming up? Family portraits are a GREAT way to celebrate special birthdays, anniversarys, graduations, and more. Call me (847.697.1606) or zip me an email (sarah@imagesbysharp.com) to set up your celebration session.

No comments:

Post a Comment