Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Authenticy is my new buzzword

The word authenticity has been on my mind lately.

One of my goals this year is to bring my external life more into alignment with my internal life. That sounds like a big goal, but I'm breaking it into small parts. One part of this goal is my appearance. I'm creative, I'm smart, and I'm funny... I just don't always look like it. So it's time to pay more than $12 for a haircut, and I'm learning to buy clothes that reflect my personality and style, rather than just hitting the clearance rack (if it reflects my personality AND is on the clearance rack.... major bonus!).

My photography is another place I'm working to bring the inside out. When I look over my portfolio, the images that really move me have that lifestyle look: yummy natural light, real people doing real things, fewer cheesy smiles and more real life looks. It's photography that's, we'll, more authentic. And there's that word again. :-) So I'm learning to let go of some of the "rules" I was taught as a photographer, and begin to listen more to my heart.

I also want to be able to communicate my heart for photography to my clients. We've been working overtime on giving our studio materials a facelift, and we're thinking a lot about what we want to say and how we want to say it. I'll try to keep sharing what I'm learning and the changes I'm making as I go, but for today, I have a special reveal: our new logo! What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment